Don't Litter and remind your friends to do the same.Keeping your neighborhood clean will make it a nicer, safer place to live and play.
Don't Waste our Resources
- Turn off Water while brushing your teeth
- Use dishwasher and washing maching only when full
- Take quick showers
- Have your parents turn down heat to 68 degrees or below
- Wear sweaters
- Turn off lights, TV's and video games when you are not using them
- Ask your parents to arrange car pools for school and other activities
- Walk when you can
- Take the bus
REDUCE • REUSE • RECYCLE
REDUCE the amount of garbage your family uses
- Use cloth shopping bags or recycled paper
- Use both sides of paper
- Take care of your toys - broken toys become Trash
- Think of creative ways to reuse items
REUSE anytime you use something over and over you are saving our resources and helping to keep our Earth GREEN
- Empty cereal boxes can be turned into great storage boxes - just cut and decorate
- Empty glass jars are great for storing small items
- Recycle bottles, cans, plastic and paper
- It allows us to make new products from old ones
- FACT - recycling one soda can, can save enough energy to run your TV for 3 hours!
- FACT - recycling a stack of newspapers ten feet tall saves one WHOLE Tree!